Tuesday, February 14, 2012

What Valentine's Day means to me this year.

“To love others you must first love yourself.”
Leo Buscaglia, Love 



Valentine's day is a day to remember that special love in your life in the words of Jerry Maguire  'that completes you'.  I do not necessarily think it has to be a passionate love of your soul mate, it can easily be others, like a child, a sister, friend or a dog.  I have that soul mate love in my life in my husband and I feel lucky that he is my keeper of my hearr. Well actually I have several people I love who complete my life, but Hubs completes my heart.

I know a lot of people hate this Hallmark driven day, for a few reasons...
It reminds those who are not in a place where they have love or simply can not give nor accept it due to anger, loneliness.  To that I can only quote me some Leo:

“Don't hold to anger, hurt or pain. They steal your energy and keep you from love.”
Others don't like this day as it is truly a commercialization kinda day, where advertisers try to guilt you into buying something to show your love in this particular day that involves spending too much money.  Well to that I say stick with the simplicity of a loving gesture, show not buy the person how much you love them.  
More Leo:

“Love is always bestowed as a gift - freely, willingly and without expectation. We don't love to be loved; we love to love.” 

Now for those who think this is a day to "score" versus loving listen to Leo: 

“Don't walk in my head with your dirty feet.”  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment