Friday, January 6, 2012

Copy Cat Haircuts of Famous...Yep I've done that..

Three times in my life I will admit to getting haircuts of famous people...The first one by accident, the other 2 on purpose. 
The first time I was 4 or 5...and I had long gorgeous blond hair..and I decided I wanted to cut Barbie's hair and mine!  I gave Barbie a beautiful only to my eyes pixie... which was famous in the mid 60's, and apparently I got bored half thru mine haircut, as I only cut one side...Now this is a vivid memory of mine...I walked into my parents bedroom and my Mom was on the phone and she screamed...I don't remember much after that, but the photos of me after that were of matching Barbie's pixie...but with one side sticking out a bit...
 The second time was the after 1976...I know that for sure as it was after the Winter Olympics..and yes if you were alive at that time, you will remember Dorothy Hamill's wedge...So thinking I would make myself even more awkward in my adolescence look like her too I got one...but with one side sticking out...(It would be later determined to be a cowlick)...and with my braces, it was not a good look!  
The last time was in the 90's...(I did get my haircut short in the 80's, but not because of a famous person, but because a curler melted in my hair).  I was so very convinced that if I got a Princess Di haircut I would look like her and snag my Prince Charming (this was when we all believe they were going to live happily ever after)...Well this one looked better, even presentable at times, as long as I put in the effort in styling it daily...It took way to much time in the morning, so most days no Princess Di look and no Prince Charming.

Lesson learned for me is that no matter hard I wanted to look like Barbie, Dorothy or Di, it would never ever, ever happen...

No comments:

Post a Comment