Tuesday, October 16, 2012

So Close and Yet So Far...

It is amazing to me that I started this adoption journey 7 years ago last September.  So much has changed and the one thing that stayed the same was waiting...When I first started the wait for a non special needs baby in China was at 10 months from LID (log in date) then changed to 'over' a year and then to 18 months then to 2 years, then 36 months and then they said there was no way it would go over 48 months...well that is not the case, the realistic wait is now 8 to 10 years, for non special need child from China...

 

Now that we have been referred our daughter each day we get closer and it is a (different) amazing feeling that someone is going to be my daughter.  I can't wait to set eyes on her.  I never claimed to be patient.

Once I get to hold her I am guessing the wait will all be worth it, until then I will keep checking the time/day/hours...

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes you're right! Your precious daughter will be worth every moment of the way and surprisingly the pain of the wait will slip away.

    Congratulations on your referral!

    ReplyDelete