Saturday, October 13, 2012

What to say...What to say?



I have waited years for the opportunity to be able to write a letter to my (waiting) daughter in China...Amazingly the time is now to write her a letter and I have writers block.  There is so much I want to tell her, how much we love her and can't wait for her...but how to say much without confusing or scaring her?  I mean she is going to have a completely new life, everything she has known for the 3 1/2 years of her life is no longer going to be a part of her world.  Completely cut off from those who have cared for her.  She is in foster care at this time and I bet she has an attachment to her family.  She will have to mourn those losses she is experiencing.  I mean I would be scared at my age of 29+++ years, but to expect a little girl to understand and not be scared is soooo not going to happen in the real world.  The tears of joy we will be experiencing on Gotcha Day are the exact opposite of her tears of sadness, fear she will be shedding that day.  

So back to what I should say, well I'll introduce ourselves and reinforced how much she is wanted and the answer to our prayers!  I told her about all her new cousins and grandparents, huge extended family and a vast amount of friends....and yes the dogs too.  I told her about her new room and the colors and all the books and stuff animals that await her arrival.  I wanted her to know that she will be protected, nurtured, safe and loved..

Man, I can't wait for this adventure to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment